Saturday, May 14, 2011

Top Ten List #2

So I was able to retrieve this entry which I posted just before Blogger decided to go all Mojo Jojo on us. Don't forget to comment. I love comments =D





Hey Guys

So I know my next post has been long overdue but I’ve been really busy what with exams and all taking up most of my time. I feel a little out of touch from blogging so to get back in the mood I’ve decided to compile another Top Ten. So today I’m going to list the Ten songs that I love the most in the whole wide world!!! Ok…well this list is subject to change at some time and ten is too small a number coz I love like a gazillion songs, most of them from the 80’s (yes I’m partial to the 80’s),  so I’m narrowing it down to only Ten. I’ll try to list only one song per artist.

In random order (as always): 

1.       George Michael  - Fast love
I don’t care what anyone has to say about George here but I think his music is really good. The lyrics and music are smooth and make for easy listening. An added bonus – his sexiness! Its difficult choosing only one coz most of his songs are my favorites but I settled for Fast Love coz this one didn’t receive much acclaim when it was released way back in 1995 (haha….I was barely 5 years old then.)


1.       Laura Branigan – Self Control
This was considered as one of Laura’s only hit numbers and rightfully so. The music is hauntingly beautiful and as she aptly sang it I did feel like ‘a creature of the night’


1.       Duran Duran - Come Undone
Ahh…..3o years have gone and this band are still going strong. I have VH1 Classic to thank for introducing me to this wonderful band. 


1.       Kylie Minogue
Ok here’s the thing. I find it difficult…..nay Impossible to choose only ONE song by Kylie. So I’m gonna eenie meenie minee moe this and the lucky song is……


1.       All Saints – Pure Shores
Even though they didn’t get much acclaim for their music I still enjoyed a couple of their songs growing up. (I’m a chick and like chick music….sue me!) Whenever I go to the beach this song pops into my head. ….seriously!. Maybe its because Pure shores was on the soundtrack of The Beach in 1999. :P


1.       Ace of Base – All That She Wants
Enough said!


1.       Thievery Corporation – Sol Tapado
I honestly don’t understand a word coming out of his mouth but I sure as hell understand the music. :D


1.       The Cranberries – Linger
I heard this song for the first time on the radio. Sure I’d heard of The Cranberries before but this is the song that actually got me to listen to what they were actually singing about. Singer Dolores’s voice haunts me till today.


1.       Alanis Morrissette – You Oughta Know
Man..whoever she wrote this song for sure as hell must’ve kicked himself in the rear behind when this one was release. But I would like to shake his hand for being the source of the bitterness that helped in the creation of this anthem for all women scorned. (Just saying)


1.       SMOMA – Georgy Porgy (Originally by TOTO)
Toto is more famously known for their hits Africa and Rosanna. Georgy Porgy was written in the late 70’s and the version by SMOMA just makes me wanna move my hips. Very jazzy!!!


Honorable mentions :
Don’t you want me by The Human League
Freedom by George Michael
Getting Closer by Haywoode
Do You Wanna Touch by Joan Jett
Father Figure by George Michael (Do you see a pattern here?!?)
Closer – Nine Inch Nails
And a lot of Kylie Minogue………a lot!!

xx
C









No comments:

Post a Comment